- Briefly, tell us about yourself and why you chose to do an internship in construction.
- What results did you achieve on the internship and how did you exceed the company’s expectations for your role?
- What did you learn in this internship that will affect your life in a positive way?
- How were you involved with safety and/or quality during your internship, and how did that change your perspective on construction?
- Tell us how you build America through your work and what that means to you. Please use www.ibuildamerica.com (or @ibuildamerica on Instagram) as a reference.
If you haven’t already, make sure you’re registered for the 2018 Construction Intern Awards.
2. Answer These Questions
Think about the following questions as you go through your internship, taking note of important experiences and interesting stories. Make sure to attach photos or video too! You’ll have a better chance of being selected as a finalist if you include them.
The top 8 candidates will be selected by an internal committee. These semi-finalists are then asked to give us a recommendation letter that will be sent with their entries to the industry expert panel for final judging. We’ll let you know by October 17th if you’re one of the lucky few that need a letter, but it’s a good idea to request one from your reference ahead of time just in case. The Construction Intern of the Year and three finalists will be announced November 14th.
June 1stRegistration opens for grand prize scholarship contest
June 4thGrand prize scholarship submissions open (start working on your entries!)
September 2ndGrand prize scholarship entry submissions close at 11:59pm Central Time (CT)
October 17thSemi-finalists announced & recommendation letters gathered
October 24thSemi-finalists sent to industry judges
November 7thJudging finalized
November 14th – Winners announced!
** Work on your final entry throughout the whole summer! Weekly contests will help you build up your responses for the $10,000 grand prize scholarship.
** Include personal stories and unique experiences that distinguish you as an all-star intern. Try not to be too vague.
** Make sure to attach photos! You increase your chances as a finalist if you have high quality pictures submitted with your scholarship entry.